Why SERVPRO: Certifications and Training
We’ve got restoration down to a science – truly. We use formulas and chemistry every day to dry, treat, and clean homes and businesses that have been affected by water damage, fire damage, mold remediation and biohazard damage. That also means our staff must be highly trained to tackle anything that gets thrown our way.
That’s why we’ve developed the National Training Center at our national headquarters. It teaches every aspect of the restoration and mitigation process from start to finish. The coolest part? We’ve got a full sized, house in our training facility. We flood it, set it on fire… you name it, it’s probably been done. Every scenario, we’ve tested the best ways to tackle the situation at hand.
If you’ve been hit with water damage in your Fort Worth home, give us a call today at 817.560.3086
Meet The Owners!
This is Shane and Angie Parish. They are our owners and fearless leaders here at SERVPRO of Lake Worth/Benbrook, and we want you to meet them! They’re originally from Ohio, before moving down here to Texas to open our three SERVPRO franchises. They are our fearless leaders here at SERVPRO and without them we all wouldn’t be here! They make sure things are running as smoothly as possible, and they are driven to succeed themselves and push all of us to succeed and do our very best as well.
Angie is certified in WRT as well as Lead Renovator Certified, while Shane is certified in WRT, CDS, ASD, Carpet Cleaning, Tile Cleaning, LLRT, Time & Materials, and FSRT. So, with them at the helm, we are seriously qualified to handle whatever problem you may have!
Give us a call today at SERVPRO of Lake Worth/Benbrook at 817.560.3086
Fort Worth Emergency Kit
Flash Floods and heavy rains can cause huge issues in Fort Worth, Texas. Always be prepared with your emergency kit!
In Fort Worth, Texas, weather can change at the drop of a hat. Keeping an emergency kit in your home, car, and/or business can help you get through the disaster unscathed. Fort Worth sees all kinds of disasters from floods, to ice storms, to tornadoes. Check the list below to see what you should include in your kit.
- Water: One gallon of water for each person per day. This should be enough for both drinking and hygiene such as brushing your teeth. 3 Days is a good amount to be prepared for.
- Food: Make sure you are packing non-perishable food items. Again, a 3-day supply is ideal. Make sure you are storing these items properly… Nothing takes a situation from bad to worse quite like food poisoning.
- Flashlight: A powerful flashlight can be a lifesaver if your power is knocked out during a flood in Fort Worth. Make sure you also pack extra batteries if your light is not a hand crank flashlight.
- Battery-Operated Radio: Cell phones are a great tool for receiving information quickly, but if the power goes out, your cell phone is likely to die as well. Radios are one of the best ways to make sure you are up to date on all emergency information in Fort Worth, Texas. Be sure to pack extra batteries for your radio as well.
- First Aid Kit: A first aid kit can seem like a lifesaver, even when you need something as simple as a Band-Aid. These kits are relatively easy to assemble yourself, or you can order one on Amazon, or just pick one up from your local Fort Worth Walmart.
- Tools: A simple toolkit is something every household should have. This way you can take care of some issues yourself while you wait for the flood water to recede or the ice to melt so that you can get a professional in to tackle the problem.
- Medications: Always be sure you have your prescriptions on hand. It is also a good idea to pack basic medicine for headaches etc. as well.
- Baby and/or Pet Supplies: Make sure you have everything you need for each member of your family. Diapers, formula, pet food, and anything else you need to make sure everyone is taken care of.
- Cash: Cards don’t always work in an emergency. Cash is a surefire way to make sure you can pay for the things you need in Fort Worth.
- Important Documents: Depending on the situation, you may want to make sure that you have birth certificates, social security cards, insurance cards, etc. with you.
- Sleeping Bags/Blankets: If the power goes out, you will not be able to regulate the temperature in your home or office, and if you are in your vehicle, you may be stranded somewhere. Keeping a sleeping bag or blankets in your car can help keep you warm even if it is cold and gross in Fort Worth.
- Change of Clothes: A change of clothes can feel like a life saver if you have gotten the clothes you are wearing wet or soiled in some other way. Pack a few extra shirt and undergarments if you know you will be traveling or away from home in potentially hazardous conditions. Always remember to bring a jacket as well, Fort Worth may be hot most of the time, but it can get chilly when the sun goes down.
Raising Money for Gun & Hoses
Autographed footballs ready for the SERVPRO First Responder Bowl
Even though the SERVPRO® First Responder Bowl fell victim to some bad weather, SERVPRO® still works to support our first responders. Guns and Hoses is an organization in North Texas that is dedicated to helping the families of fallen first responders who have lost their lives in the line of duty. SERVPRO® of Lake Worth/Benbrook wants to help them in their mission, so while we were at the game, we raffled off 2 signed footballs to raise money for this incredible organization. Both Boston College and Boise State fans were eager to support the cause and enter to win a keepsake from their favorite team. In the end, we raised over $500 to help Guns and Hoses on their mission. Thank you so much to everyone who bought a raffle ticket to donate to this amazing cause.
Water Damage Timeline
Water Damage: water seeping across floor and saturating carpet in Fort Worth home.
Here at SERVPRO® of Lake Worth/Benbrook, we know a fast reaction is a key part of preventing water damage, but what happens if you don’t take care of the water right away? Check out the timeline below to see what happens when water damage is left unchecked.
- Water spreads throughout the property and saturates all surfaces it comes into contact with. It is absorbed into carpets, walls, etc.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, or other dyes may begin to run and stain other surfaces.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods begin to warp.
- Drywall begins to warp and break down.
- Metal begins to tarnish & other furniture begins to warp and crack.
- Musty odor appears.
48 Hours – 1 Week:
- Mold may begin to grow.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Biohazard Contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically.
- Serious health risk posed to building’s inhabitants.
If your home or office sustains water damage, don't hesitate! Call us right away at 817-560-3086
Commercial Water Damage in DFW, Texas
Flooded storeroom needed water extraction and equipment placed to completely dry out.
This commercial retail space started experiencing flooding during a period of extremely heavy rain in North Texas this year. Water was coming into the store from multiple points, some of which the store was unable to locate. Multiple areas were showing water damage from warehouses to storerooms, and even areas that customers needed to walk through! For safety reasons, it was important to get rid of the water as quickly as possible. Once our crews got on site, they were able to determine that some water was likely leaking up through the floor because of possible foundation issues. The crew got to work right away extracting the water and setting up equipment. Once we had taken care of the standing water, we were able to set up air movers to dry out walls and other surfaces. The store was extremely pleased with our work as we helped them get through a stressful rainy period.
Holiday Safety Tips for Fort Worth
With the holiday season now upon us, there are a lot of things on our plates. From deciding what to get your cousin you drew for the family Secret Santa, to cookie exchanges at work it seems like the month before Christmas goes way too fast. For those of us who enjoy it, anyway. It’s important in all the hubbub to stay safe this holiday season by following these tips.
- Make sure to keep your tree watered. An under watered tree can dry out and be an extreme fire hazard.
- When decorating, check all electrical decorations for sign of wear or tear. Anything old or worn should be replaced and thrown out. If you don’t want to throw away the entire decoration, you can buy replacement wiring.
- Use fake candles instead of real candles when you do your decorating. Avoid open flame as much as possible. If you like the scent of candle, we suggest a wax burner though take caution with those as well.
From all of us here at SERVPRO of Lake Worth/Benbrook we hope you have a safe and happy holiday!
Signs of a Tornado
Sometimes, weather forecasting isn’t perfect. Sometimes, tornadoes do sneak by meteorologists and weather radars. It’s important to know the signs for a tornado, just incase one does happen and there is no warning for your area. Here is a list courtesy of NOAA for what to look and listen for (it also includes other tornado-preparedness information):
- Strong, persistent rotation in the cloud base. You can often see a funnel drop.
- Unfortunately, sometimes tornadoes don’t have a funnel. Look for whirling dust or debris on the ground under a lowered wall cloud.
- Hail or heavy rain that’s followed by dead calm – meaning no rain, wind, anything or look for a fast, intense wind shift. A lot of times tornadoes are rain wrapped and can’t be seen.
- Loud or continuous roar or rumbled, often described as being similar sounding to a freight train, that doesn’t fade after a few seconds like thunder does.
- During the night time, look for a persistent lowering from a wall could. It could be illuminated or silhouetted by lighting. Look for white power flashes, which are caused by powerlines being snapped in a tornado or very strong winds.
This storm season, stay safe! Call SERVPRO of Lake Worth/Benbrook for all your restoration needs at 817.560.3086!
Storm Damage in Fort Worth, Texas
We don’t really pay attention to small storms here in the Fort Worth area. We’re used to so much bigger storms, right? Rain with the occasional downpour and roll of thunder may seem relaxing to some. However, sometimes it’s the smaller storms that cause the biggest damage.
Smaller storms can rip off just a few shingles on your roof, allowing rain to leak into your attic. Unfortunately, if left undiscovered it can lead to problems such as stains on the walls and ceilings, musty and unpleasant smells, and mold. You can learn more about undetected water damage in your home on our blog here.
If there are undiscovered and left open holes, then pests such as insects, rodents, and birds can come in and make their home in yours and cause more damage than just water.
After a storm, it’s important to do a check of your home. If you suspect you have damage call SERVPRO of Lake Worth/Benbrook, 24/7! 817.560.3086
Large Loss Response Team
Not just anyone qualifies as a Large Loss Response Team, so what does it mean that SERVPRO of Lake Worth/Benbrook has a Large Loss Response Team? It means that no matter the size of the issue, our team is able to handle it. SERVPRO holds Large Loss Response Teams to a higher standard of care and requires teams to show attention to detail and the ability to meet SERVPRO corporate standards even with much larger losses. Our team has more equipment, higher certifications, and more experience than your average commercial loss response team. All of our extra equipment and training allows us to handle bigger losses such as large storms and even hurricanes. Our Team even traveled to Houston last year to help clean up after Hurricane Harvey struck the Gulf Coast of Texas in 2017. We know how difficult a storm of this size can be to recover from, so SERVPRO of Lake Worth/Benbrook is proud to be one of a select few franchises who have the ability to help people, businesses, and even entire communities bounce back after they have suffered such a huge loss.
Hurricanes, tornadoes, and other huge disasters can leave an impact that can be felt for years, but our mission at SERVPRO of Lake Worth/Benbrook is to clean up and restore your commercial building as fast as possible so that you don’t have to worry. If your office or workspace has suffered a large loss, call SERVPRO of Lake Worth/Benbrook at 817.560.3086 to see how our Large Loss Response Team can help you get back on your feet.